A cookie is a small text file that our website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. There are different types of cookies, some are used to make this site more effective, others enable certain functionalities.
Our cookies allow you to:
- store your preferences
- avoid re-entering the same information several times during your visit such as user name and password.
TYPE OF COOKIES
Here you can find a quick explanation of the various types of cookies depending on the purpose of use.
Technical cookies are used in order to make this website’s specific sections work properly. They can be divided into:
- persistent: they consist of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser,
which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its preset expiry date;
- session: they expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
These cookies, which will always be sent from our domain, are required in order to make the website work properly and in relation to the technical services offered, they will be continuously used and sent.
This can be modified if the user decides to change the browser’s settings (thus affecting how the webpages are displayed).
the-topic.com uses exclusively technical cookies.
Cookies for service analysis by a third party
These cookies are used to anonymously track user behavior such as: webpages visited, time spent on the web, origin of the traffic source,
geographical origin, interests, etc. This data will be then used to produce marketing statistics.
These cookies are sent from third-party domains.
Cookies used to integrate products and functions of third party software
These types of cookie integrate features developed by third parties within the website’s pages.
For example, the preferences present in some social networks share the site’s content or for the use of third-party software services (e.g. software which generate maps and other software that offer additional services).
These cookies are sent from third-party domains that offer their functionality throughout the website’s pages.
These Cookies are necessary to create user profiles in order to send them advertising messages in line with the preferences
they expressed using the website.
the-topic.com does not use profiling cookies.
According to the current legislation, the-topic.com is not required to ask the user consent for technical cookies and cookies of analysis, as those are necessary to provide the services demanded.
For all other types of cookies, the user can express his/her consent by adjusting specific browser configurations or by changing the settings of third-party services.
Both the above mentioned solutions may prevent the user from using or displaying some parts of the website.
WEBSITES AND THIRD PARTY SERVICES
We are therefore not responsible for these sites.
An example is the presence of “social plugins” for Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or others. It is part of the visited page generated directly from these sites and integrated into the host site page. The most common use of a social plugin is aimed at sharing content on social networks.
The presence of these plugins involves the transmission of cookies to and from all sites operated by third parties. Another example is Google Analytics, a web traffic analysis service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). These are again third-party cookies which are collected and managed anonymously to monitor and improve the performance of the host site.
The way third-parties manage this information is regulated in the related policies, so please refer to them. To ensure transparency and ease of use, please find below the webpages where you can find different policies and ways to manage cookies.
- Facebook policy: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
- Twitter policy: https://help.twitter.com/it/rules-and-policies/twitter-cookies
- Linkedin policy: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
- Google+ policy: https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies?hl=en
- Google Analytics: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en
COOKIES USED BY the-topic.com
- Session Cookies – (from the server) required to identify the single user session.
- cookiesDirective – are the unique cookies that track whether the user has or has not read the cookies policy. If not, a notice appears when the user visits the website for the first time.
HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES?
Most browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.) are configured to accept cookies.
Cookies which are stored on the hard drive of your device can be deleted, and you can disable cookies following the instruction provided by the main browsers at the links:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer
- Opera: https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?viewlocale=en_US&locale=it_IT